GALA: Call for Art
Call for Art
Galleries At LynnArts
Theme / Media: There are 2 themes of this exhibit – abstract and minimalist art. The work will be hung in the main gallery and the small gallery based on pieces submitted. Abstract art is non-representational art, meaning it does not try to create any realistic likeness of objects or people. It can be expressive or static, and it can have complex layering. Minimalism is a further development of abstract art and tries to greatly simplify the shapes and forms that are used. The basic forms are often geometric shapes like lines, rectangles and circles. Repetition is often used as well.
- You can submit up to 3 pieces for abstract art, and up to 3 pieces for minimal art
- Any type of 2D and limited 3D media may be submitted – painting, photos, drawing, collage, craft, etc.
- Work should have been completed in the last 2 years.
- Works will be considered by the curating committee based on space and quality.
- The first 2 pieces submitted for each theme should be under $300.
- Work should not exceed 4’ x 4’ and 50 lbs. Artwork must be ready to install. 2D artwork should be framed/finished and ready to hang gallery style with wire. No sawtooth hangers. There are pedestals for 3D works so please discuss your display needs for sculptural pieces.
- An online submission form for each piece must be submitted and the artist’s name, piece title, and price must be attached to the back of the artwork. The online form is found here: https://www.galleriesatlynnarts.org/submission
- Please consider submitting an artist’s statement and images of your submitted works to firstname.lastname@example.org. Statements will be included in our artists’ statement/bio binder. Images may be used for social media marketing with artist credit always included.
- Exhibit fee of $5 for members/$20 for non-members per theme to be paid by cash, credit card, check, or money order made out to GALA.
- Please go to https://www.galleriesatlynnarts.org/submission to fill out the information for the work you are submitting. From there, you will have access to a link to make a drop off appointment for the work to be juried. Appointments are required to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Artists whose work is not accepted will be contacted by Wednesday, March 31, 2021 and the work will need to be picked up by Saturday, April 3rd , 2021.
- The exhibit will also be virtual along with open gallery hours.
- Exhibit opens: April 1st, 2021.
- Exhibit ends: Friday, May 14th, 2021. Artwork may be picked up May 15th during gallery hours. More information will be sent closer to pick-up time.
- Publicity: The Galleries At LynnArts will promote the exhibition through its website, mailing lists, traditional media and social media regularly throughout the duration of the exhibit.
Sales: GALA staff will oversee the sale of art. GALA receives a 25% commission on sales for member artist work, and a 30% commission on non-member artist work. All artwork must remain at GALA until the exhibit ends. Payment to artists will be made within 45 business days of the end of the exhibit.
Annette Sykes – Gallery Director, GALA President